September 12, 2007

September 12, 2007


I went to the doctor's office this morning to get my blood levels checked before restarting on my oral chemotherapy pills, Xeloda. My chemo break was wonderful and I packed a lot of fun stuff in. My blood levels are great so the break was good for that, too. My doctor decided to put me on a lower dose of Xeloda. My old dose was 14 days on and 7 days off of the drug. He has switched me to 10 days on and 11 days off just because he thinks I'm ready to switch to the lower dose. This is a very good thing because usually I start to feel a bit dumpy and tired about mid way through my second week on the drug (day 10 or 11). I was ecstatic!
It is a beautiful crisp, sunny, autumn day here in the Midwest. Autumn is my favorite season and I missed it in its entirety last year as I went in the hospital on September 7th and did not return to my home until November 6th. I plan to enjoy every color, smell, sound and taste of this -- my favorite season. The pumpkins are sitting in the fields; the apples are ripe; the corn is turning brown; and the soybeans will be ready for harvest soon! It is incredible! I just go stand outside and enjoy the sun and the cool breeze on my face!
We serve a marvelous God! Isn't it awesome how He can make each season so beautiful?! Please check this out.

http://www.thesurvivormovie.com

No comments: