September 22, 2007

September 22, 2007


It is another beautiful day! Autumn will soon be here in all of its colorful, glorious splendour. I continue to grow stronger daily. Yesterday we had a busy day. We ran errands for about 3 hours, came home, ate dinner, and then attended our local high school football game. After the game was over I walked more than 1/4 mile to the car. My husband offered to pick me up, but I told him that it would be good therapy for me to walk to the car. Needless to say, I was tired by the time we got there and the muscles in my upper leg are hurting somewhat today. Hurting muscles is a good thing! It means I gave them a workout.

It was an incredible night to be outside. I saw 2 old friends and work associates at the game who I haven't seen since long before my illness. Thank you, Stacy and Dawn for not saying I am skinny (even though I am). Saying the word thin is ok, but the word skinny makes me feel self-conscious. I lost a lot of weight during my illness and throughout my 6 months of infused chemotherapy (FOLFOX6 + Avastin). My lowest weight (while on chemo) was 111. I'm happy to say I'm now up to 124 and gaining weight weekly. Thank you for not looking shocked when you saw me!

I have one more day of chemo pills to take, then I will be off for 11 days -- woohoo! So far, this chemo regimen has been good with very few side effects. I am very encouraged by this. If it weren't for the neuropathy in my feet and hands (chemo related) I would feel almost normal! Making that statement is just one more miracle in a list of MANY!

I'll try to post here several times weekly and if there is any new news about my health. Thank you all for taking the time to read this and for your continued prayers and support.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Pammy, You are an inspiration. My thoughts are with you honey. Will include you in my prayers. love and hugs janet xxx (jannmll)

Anonymous said...

Still praising the Lord with you Pam! Praise God for your faithful and praying family. You are blessed.

Pastor Bill

Anonymous said...

Great job. I love your writing, Fatso :-)

Anonymous said...

violator monopolistic recurring discouraged apartment subscribers clauses peeps assisted comment deitel
lolikneri havaqatsu